Thursday, June 21, 2012

Swamped... Completely Swamped And It's Only June...

Whew.... I think this is the summer where the 2 age groups in my house collide. This is really the first summer since we brought the shorties home where I am having difficulty balancing 3 year old activities with 11 and 10 year olds. I am lucky, the shorties go to an MDO 3 days a week, so I have time for the older kids and errands. But now that summer camps and Kevin's athletics have started, I really need to find my groove. This week Aaron is in soccer camp, so I drive from Kevin's conditioning to the YMCA for pick up back to back. Thank goodness I at least have another mom to share drop offs with! I know it's only going to get harder as they start school activities, so I'm hoping I will nail all of this soon. It is no party having to stop and find a bathroom for Simon and Emi and then speed up to get to a pick up. :)

We're also busy in June with Billy stuff. He keeps us busy with Father's Day and his birthday being a week apart. I hope he had a great Father's Day, we grilled and went swimming at my dad's. It was truly a food fest. I have a few more gifts to pick up, but I think we're close to ready for his birthday...

I'd love to use my crock pot more this summer, getting going in the kitchen at 5pm is no fun. I also with my kids would eat salads for dinner sometimes, but when is that going to happen?? Simon and Emi got their last Botox injections in their necks last week. I am still amazed at how far they have come when I see their baby pictures and look at them now. The doctor did say he may want an eval for Simon with an occupational therapist, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...

I hope you are having a wonderful start to your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment