Friday, December 23, 2011

Smiles Are My Favorite....

It couldn't be Christmastime at the Ryann's without watching "Elf" together... Last night we curled up with too much buttery popcorn and coke and spent great family time together... Well, 5 of us. I just don't think my 3 year olds would appreciate Buddy the elf just yet. :)

Today Billy plugged in a heater in the garage and I wrapped a bunch of presents. The only place to go really and quietly get it done. I actually missed my Connecticut basement at that moment. Why don't Texans put in basements?! What is wrong with us??? Then we hopped in the car, stopped for dinner and went to look at Christmas lights. I just looooovvvveeee Christmas.... Except for that "I need to pee" moment in the middle of a neighborhood away from public bathrooms. Sigh... It's always something. :)

Tomorrow we're trying something different, a late lunch out, then the 4pm children's mass. Billy wanted to change it up, and it may work out better for Santa if there is more time to build and wrap. Christmas morning is relaxed (as far as 5 kids on Christmas morning can be relaxed...) and then my dad is coming over for lunch. We'll probably head over to the nursing home soon after that to see my mom, then throw in the towel and call it a day.

I hope you all have a blessed and wonderful Christmas. I know that I am blessed to have this family and I plan on soaking it all up. In a blink of an eye, they'll be grown up and with a family of their own...

No comments:

Post a Comment