Saturday, August 17, 2013

Summer 2013 Is Coming To A Close.....

I must admit there is a big part of me ready to get back in the swing of the fall schedule. Not because the kids get back to school, but I need a schedule back. Less gets done, I get lazy, kids get lazy, we need order to return. Now I say this with one week of summer left for the big kiddos, see me in a month when I am juggling football practice, volleyball practice, and band with them and goodness knows what with the shorties....

I am happy to report that Emi's collar bone has been given the green light and she is now brace free and back to her wild ways... I have a feeling this will not be her only broken bone. The girl is fearless....

Miss Emi right after being released from her brace.


My dad had foot surgery, only to be told that he could not go back home until healed. I'm not sure who was regretting the surgery more, him or me. I love my dad, but moving him into my house without a head's up is a bit overwhelming. But we seemed to figure most of it out without bloodshed. Emi was thrilled to be able to spend so much time with her PawPaw and I think that if the time came and we had to make that a permanent situation, we could do it in this 4 bedroom house. He is back home now, but he still has the other foot to go....

We then took off for a quick last beach trip.....
Kevin was THRILLED to pose for me....

Some of us are more than happy to pose....
 

And as I start heading up to school for football pads and locker check outs, I will miss these hot summer days. This is the last year Aaron and Kevin are in middle school. I cannot believe that they are so close to high school. Kevin is now 2 inches taller than me. So wrong.....  :) So while a lot of the past year has not been good for us, I am hoping that the rest of 2013 is something special.....



No comments:

Post a Comment