Friday, May 11, 2012

2 1/2 Weeks of School To Go!

I just cannot believe the school year is almost done... I had a great morning at Simon and Emi's school, the teacher had a Mother's Day Brunch that was so cute, the moms were tearing up. I am going to miss their teacher so much when they start up in the next room in the fall....

I worked out and then ran some errands, before I knew it, it was time to pick up kids from school and come home and start the whole, "what's your homework", "finish your project", "practice piano" routine. Olivia has a piano recital in 2 weeks, and unfortunately, a case of 5th grade senioritis. She's had 2 back to back field trips, so I suppose I can see why she can't get motivated. But there is just SO much to get done before the end of the month. I just hope I make it to June....

The older boys are doing well... I guess... Kevin is fine, if I can keep the eye rolling, I'm 15 now attitude in check. My poor Aaron is bumbling through 6th grade and it kills me. I thought he's get it figured out by now. Nope. I still have to see his homework to make sure it's done, organize everything with him or it's lost forever. I had hoped the year would mature him and it didn't. He is the same, my ADHD, socially awkward boy. Sigh. It physically hurts to watch him sometimes. I want him to realize his worth, make more friends, and be a happy kid. He's happy, but sometimes I'm not sure why....

I should go, laundry is calling, and who wants to do laundry on Mother's Day? (we're celebrating tomorrow) Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment