Thursday, October 7, 2010

Now I need a nap....

My youngest are down for an afternoon nap and from what I can tell from the racket, I'm not sure they will actually sleep. Thursdays are hectic here, as soon as the big kids leave for school, Simon, Emi, and I hurry to get dressed and eat breakfast before the speech therapist arrives. The short stacks are 22 months and say very little, my sweet Emi Marie is now trying to mimick as much as she can. Simon is my strong and silent one, he knows a handful of words, but I have a feeling he will speak with actions more than words as he grows up. A few hours after speech and the physical therapist for their torticollis arrives and we work on that until 1. Honestly, I intensely dislike Thursdays, it's hard to believe that they lead to wonderful Fridays.

I have laundry mocking me from every bathroom, even some that made it to the laundry room floor. I always intend to do it on Thursdays and Fridays so weekends can be more time for the 7 of us and less time in the mudroom. I'd say I only truly accomplish this 60% of the time. There is so much to be done with 5 kids, but as I complain or moan about the work, please understand that I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't like laundry, or mopping, or begging someone to take out the trash and clean their room. But I love this life, and couldn't imagine any one of us not being here to annoy and love each other. It really is a wonderful life....

Billy has nicknamed Emi's blanket "Jackson". Am I the only one that finds that hilarious? I may be, we are meant to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment