Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Just Can't Believe Thanksgiving Is Two Short Weeks Away....

It just can't be. I'm going to have to get myself together and make a menu. Every year we do the same basics, but Olivia and I like to add a new pie and sometimes try a new veggie recipe. Our good friends are going to do the deep fried turkey, so I am just sides and dessert. Sounds like a great deal for me, especially so I can make it all gluten free. We're sponsoring 2 soldiers that can't make it home for the holiday, then my dad will join us, and the family with the fried turkey. :) Full table, but really it's a good group of good people that aren't looking to zing each other or look for flaws. No need to elaborate, just that I now spend my holidays with people I like and that like me. Isn't that the way it should be?

Everything else around here is moving along. Aaron is still struggling in school and some of his OCD tendencies are coming up. Poor kid is frustrated and down, but he is the only one that can dig him out of this hole. My heart aches for him... And at the same time, I am tired of going through 6th grade again....

Emi and Simon are inching closer to turning 3. Simon has actually started a wish list. It felt awfully early for that. Lucky for me, the "big truck" he has demanded was one of the first things I had already bought. :) I'm looking forward to their well-check appointment so I can talk to my pediatrician about their huge size (now wearing a 5T) and about Simon's diagnosis. So next week will be busy, not the best time for appointments right before the holidays.

My dad is headed back to New York tomorrow for a family wedding. He hasn't seen his family since I lived in Connecticut. He is the baby of the family at 78, and I thought it was really important for him to see everyone. He's worried about leaving my mom, but I really pushed for him to go. He will regret not seeing them before someone passes. His brother is quite ill with emphysema and his oldest sister had a stroke a few weeks ago. It's bittersweet to go, but I am looking forward to the pictures and stories when he gets back...

Ok, I better go talk to my hubby now that the kids are either asleep or in bed. We celebrated our 14 anniversary yesterday, I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment