Monday, April 2, 2012

No Excuses, I'm Just Tired....

I know, it's been awhile... I think that real life just got in the way. :) Prepping for Easter, starting soccer season, and regular day to day stuff just zapped my energy. I did start going to bed earlier, and I have to say, even a half hour makes a big difference! Now to catch up on all things Ryann...

My mom turned 80 years old last weekend. We all went to visit at the nursing home, and selfishly, I was so happy that she was coherent. These days is it so hit or miss whether or not she understands what is happening or is even awake. So the kiddos and I stayed with her for a long visit and presents.

Olivia is set to get her upper and lower braces this week. I think she's a little nervous. ;) Hopefully the cross bite will correct quickly and the braces won't stay on an eternity...

The little ones are doing really well... Except for mass. I swear, Emi saves up her evil ways until we cross the threshold into church. Sigh... I just have to hope it will improve some day....

And last, my sweet Aaron... Who is completely off the rails... It is simply maddening to see such a smart kid waste it all. I can't get him to turn stuff in, he sneaks food, he's a mess. And his raised-by-a-marine dad is coming apart at the seams. I just don't want them to end up with an awful relationship because of these years. Billy didn't talk to his dad for many years in the early part of our marriage, and that is the last thing I want with he and Aaron. The ped says it's nothing with the meds, it's maturity on Aaron's part... Well, how long is that going to take?! I just can't get him to get it, you know? Grrr.. It is beyond frustrating and I just can't find a solution. Maybe this is why I haven't blogged, I'm avoiding this part of us....

This week is Easter, I got every one's outfits (minus me of course, I'll panic Saturday for that) ready, just need shoes for the girls. On Pinterest I saw glow in the dark plastic eggs for an older kid egg hunt. I thought I might try that for the big kids. Off to the Dollar Store for those glow sticks....

No comments:

Post a Comment