Sunday, April 22, 2012

That Snail Tried To Kill Me...

What a weekend. Friday morning I saw eyes full of pink eye goo, and by the time we left the pediatrician's office, I had one 3 year old with pink eye and another with pink eye and a double ear infection. Sigh... So, since I don't build forts, I pulled out the sofa bed and we stayed curled up watching movies until the big kids got home from school. Yay for cuddle time!

Saturday morning came and we were up and ready with Kevin's band solo competition early, followed by Olivia at gymnastics and Aaron's soccer game. Divide and conquer... Except Olivia doesn't look good. She's kind of pink. 102. Awesome. So Billy became the driver/sport and sax enthusiast, and I stayed home with the shorties and Olivia... Not so easy if you knew Olivia sick. The girl is an angel. But sick?? Ugh, very needy and very weepy. It was a long day.... By 3pm, Kevin had a low grade fever and Billy and I had sore throats. Aaron was going to care for us all. :)

Sunday morning was a God send. Olivia woke up fever free, must've been a 24 hr bug. The shorties were happy and goo free and well, honestly, who cares if Billy and I are under the weather, that's manageable if the kids are healthy.... Outside in the thick of the weeds, Simon says to me, "that snail tried to kill me." Every man for himself....

So I sit here looking to Monday, kids in school, errands to run, and I'm supposed to work out. Sure, no problem... Did I mention the leak in the backyard? We have a small pond forming. I need April to go, it's been bad mojo....

No comments:

Post a Comment