Friday, November 25, 2011

I Probably Made Too Many Desserts.....

Oh goodness, I think I'm still full from yesterday's feast! It was a great day, I always worry that the food won't work out, guests won't click, blah, blah... No fear, it was great. We were lucky to be able to have 2 soldiers join us from Fort Sam. They have a great program for the young kids that can't get home for the holiday, families can go and sign up to host them for dinner. We started doing it last year and I'm pretty sure we'll keep it going from here on. My dad and our good friends down the street also joined us for the afternoon.

But first, the annual Ryann Turkey Bowl had to be played... This year was slightly different in that Simon and Emi were old enough to "participate". By that I mean totally get in the way, run off with the trophy and have a tantrum in the middle of the field. Awesome....


Quick huddle

Injury on the field, ball to the nose...

You may see a tantrum, I see "planking"... :)


Sorry to report that the game ended in a tie, which means, that I keep the treasured turkey trophy on my dresser for the year. It really adds to my bedroom decor....



Then we ate, had a strange conversation about Twilight movies (my poor dad) and Olivia debated the differences between pie and cobbler... I think she may be in debate in high school, it went on forever...
Dan brought the fried turkey...SO yummy....

Olivia helped with setting the tables...

The kids' table, obviously the shorties didn't last long there....

Olivia got away from all the gross boys as fast as she could... :)


So today I have shopped online (my version of Black Friday), cleaned up whatever was left to do and now I need to get ready for Emi and Simon's birthday party tomorrow. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment