Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Is Inching Closer And Closer....

It's probably not the best time for me to be sitting down at my computer to chat, but I'm tired of laundry and Billy took the shorties out front to "help" with the Christmas lights. (no worries, I make him promise they aren't turned on until Black Friday...) Anyway, lots to catch up on...

I did the Thanksgiving grocery run yesterday with Simon and Emi. I thought the store would be empty and I refuse to step foot in HEB next week. Nope, it was really crowded anyway. Guess other people had the same idea. But it got knocked off the list, shorties got a donut and we came home to a pretty uneventful Friday.

This morning I took Olivia and Emi to get their ears pierced. Olivia's were done years ago, but they got infected and closed. We thought they could do this together and I must say, Miss Emi cried briefly and then grabbed the chocolate I brought and all was well. (yes, I consoled her with food, shoot me...) Olivia was interesting, when we were walking to the car, she said she was dizzy and we had to stand next to the trashcan to wait for her to throw up. I think her excitement and nerves got the best of her, a 7UP seemed to settle her stomach. Olivia picked a pink stone for her earrings and chose purple for Emi. Super cute and Emi keeps telling me that "big sister and Emi have earrings, not Simon." :)



This is the picture that makes me feel like a bad mom....


Kevin and Olivia are going to a basketball camp for 2 days next week so their week won't be just at home all week. Then Wednesday we'll start baking, Miss Olivia has decided that she will head this department, so we shall see how that goes. I usually do it all myself (sides and desserts), so I welcome the help. Our good friends down the block fry the turkey, so I figure I have it pretty good. :) Have a good weekend, the calm before the holiday storm....

No comments:

Post a Comment