Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This Isn't His First Trip To The Rodeo, We Do Have Five Kids.....

Ok, this is not going to be about illness. The shorties now have double ear infections and I am still coughing, but enough. Everyone is on antibiotics, so we're moving on...

Ok, so Sunday Billy decides to be the one to do nap. I'm all for that, any help is always accepted. Right as he is going up the stairs, I say, "make sure they both have pants on after you change them." Ok, they're in bed, good to go. An hour and a half later they are still yelling, jumping, it's a freakin rave up there. This is the point where I just go get them. They aren't going to sleep (even though they had gone all day without sleep) so why keep them trapped? So Billy goes to get them and I hear, "Umm, it's my fault they didn't fall asleep." So as I head up there I find out that my charming husband that took over putting them down for nap (his 4th and 5th child, he's no amateur) he neglected pants. Yup, they're standing in their cribs, naked from the waist down, diapers on the floor, and pee soaked cribs, and thanks to one of my shorties being male, I think I stepped in pee too. Sweet Emi is repeating, "mess, mess daddy." I mean on the one hand it is kinda funny. But geez, I'm not sure this is the kind of help I was looking for. :) In his defense, (because he is a great help with all 5 kids) he totally owned it. Once I deodorized and stripped it all, he said he'd make the beds and get it back to normal. He apologized and it's all good. But I have to wonder, how does that happen when I tell you one minute before you change  their diapers? What if I hadn't said anything, would he have even diapered them? How does the male mind work exactly? Such strange creatures....

No comments:

Post a Comment