Wednesday, December 1, 2010

How do You Know When You're Over Extended? When You Forget One of Your Kids at School...

I wish I was making this up.  Yesterday they switched one of my kid's after school clubs and I guess I couldn't handle the upheaval.  I went and picked up one kid right after school, then a half hour later, picked up the second.  Then I started talking to a mom that had stopped by to pick something up and before I knew it, the school was calling.  I just felt so bad.  Way worse than he did.  Do you know how embarrassing that is??  The mom that I was talking to jumped in her car to get him (way faster than me packing up 4 kids and thank God the school is inside my neighborhood!) and I stayed home and felt awful.  I gave him 50 cents.  I hugged him dearly.  (I think he appreciated the money more than the rib crushing hug.)  I've probably scarred him  and it will affect him in future relationships with women.  The good news, (and yes, I must find a silver lining.)  is that he wasn't the only kid waiting and I'm SURE the other moms that forget their kids don't have 5 kids.  I mean it's hard to keep count, I probably thought he was in the next room.  :)

Christmas decorations are up and beautiful.. I am worried about the shorties and the tree.  I haven't put up the ornaments and I think I probably won't decorate the tree bottom.  The best part is that I am finished my Christmas shopping minus teachers.  No more packed stores for me.  I think I'll just to gift cards for teachers, keep it easy and that's what I would want.  I couldn't even tell you how many freaking coffee mugs filled with Hershey's Kisses I got when I was teaching.  A Starbucks GC would have made me giddy.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciated the sentiment, I knew the kids (their parents) were thinking of me.  I just ended up with A LOT of coffee cups. :)

My husband is in the process of incorporating his business.  EEK.  This new venture is becoming real... I just sit and watch from the sidelines, but he is truly so excited and has worked so hard.  So we will cheer him on from our perspective and maybe I will post some links to his patent earwear.  Then you can see what we hope will one day soon be in stores and on people walking down the street.

EGAD: I forgot my kid at school, that's the EGAD for today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment