Sunday, November 28, 2010

First Round of Holiday Festivities Comes to an End and all Desserts have been removed....

Well, I'm just sitting here with Thanksgiving break coming to a peaceful end.  We packed a lot into the week and I was lucky to have Billy able to take the week off. We got some of Christmas put up, not as much as I would have liked, but when kids are out of jeans and socks, that just seemed to beat out Christmas ornaments.  :) So now as I sit on the couch and Billy gets everyone to say their prayers, the clothes are dry, and I can breathe...  Most of our afternoon was spent battling one of our 10 year olds with his book report.  He is always the one to battle, his ADHD is always a challenge, but he has had a sort of "I don't care" attitude creep up where it's all about finishing, not what you turn in... And poor Billy can't take it.  He was raised by a Marine.  He takes pride in everything he does.  This just doesn't make sense to him.  He is really struggling and I feel bad for him.... But I also told him to put his big girl pants on, because this child is 10.  We are far from done raising this child.  Boy, I hope he doesn't have a school project to work on over Christmas break.  Billy will need an intervention.  :) 

Tomorrow Kevin is getting his braces off and getting fitted for a retainer.  He is SO excited and I am for him.  I am amazed at how great his upper teeth look after 18 months.  Soon he will get the bottom teeth done, but we're going to enjoy the break as long as we can. (as will our checkbook!) 

Like my title for today told ya, we dumped any leftover desserts after dinner.  I have no will power when the cheesecake is waving at me from the fridge.  So Billy and I get back on track with food and exercise so I can be bad again for Christmas...  Makes sense, right?  So tomorrow I will be really hungry and I will be sure to post all about my tuna and rice cake lunch, but most important will be a beautiful pic of Kevin with metal-free teeth. :) Brace face no more....

EGAD:  R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen.......

No comments:

Post a Comment