Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ok, so babies don't get the whole, gain an hour of sleep thing...

Well, I was really hoping the shorties would try to embrace the extra hour of sleep, but of course, that never happened. So the three of us were up early watching Sesame Street while the smart ones slept in...

Since it's starting to really feel like Fall, (which in San Antonio comes late and doesn't always stick around) I am gearing up with endless lists of things to do this month. God help my soul. Part of me hopes I lose these lists, so I am spared the stress of worrying about getting it all done. Because in the end, it always does, and those few things that go by the wayside aren't missed.

First things first, I have to stop "sampling the kids Halloween candy for poisons". ;) The holiday season is always awful for my scale (not me of course, the SCALE), so I try to really watch my food before Thanksgiving and then again before Christmas. The shorties and I walk in  the mornings, but I really need to get a workout schedule that is doable with the 5 kids around. I know I should do it, that at 39 (gulp) I need to do it for my health and mental state, blah, blah, blah. But I HATE to exercise. Did I mention Billy runs religiously? Polar opposites. So, today I have every inclination to get moving. Tomorrow may be different, but let's hope it lasts longer than that. I'm hoping to find a new video that keeps me interested, or just devote myself to Billy Blanks again.....

And then there is Christmas shopping. Now lucky for me, my mom instilled a great tradition of the gift closet. I tend to pick things up on clearance and put them away. Great for last minute party invites and when I get really desperate in 105 degree summer heat and the kids are bored. So I went through the closet and outside of my house, I have maybe 3 kid gifts to get and something for my dad and best friend. Not too bad. But I must say, and I know it's awful, but quite a few gifts I give I would like to stop doing. Family that doesn't act like family, who don't acknowledge my fabulous 5 kids on their birthdays or Christmas, in my mind, I'm not sure why I must acknowledge their children. I know, I know, childish and spiteful. It doesn't mean I act on it. But please, are you going to tell me my older kids don't notice?! They see and help me wrap gifts and then nothing comes their way. And if money is an issue, here's a thought, call them. ECards work too. All free, you losers. Ok I'm done... For now. I'm sure we'll revisit this charming topic when my parents start checking with me to make sure I took care of so-and-so. And I will roll my eyes and smile and say, "of course I did, I got them the cutest....."

Ahhh, I hear a shortie waking up from an awesomely (not a real word, I know) long nap. I figure they wanted to make it up to me since we got up at 5:45 (new time anyway). All is forgiven, my little squirts. Who needs extra sleep anyway?

EGAD: Really, why do total strangers always touch little kids? It's flu season and I have people grabbing my shorties' hands and cheeks. Ugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment