Saturday, November 20, 2010

How Many Pies Are Too Many???

So I am in deep planning mode for Thanksgiving.  I had the whole menu set and then I started reading other people's blogs and now I want to make two more pies.  So how many pies are too many?? And do I experiment with pies that just sound yummy online and may not be so great....   Decisions, decisions...  Before I started my evening with The Pioneer Woman, along with others, I was set with a sugar free apple for my diabetic dad, cheesecake, and cupcakes for the kiddos.  (not big pumpkin pie eaters here)  Now there's a great looking pecan pie and a pumpkin creme pie that I could love.  Oh and a sweet potato bread pudding type gluten free dessert.  Oye...  Maybe I'll just pick one new one... And stop looking at other people's menus. :)

Well, the big kids are home for the next nine days.  The boys have a book report to work on, but besides that, it should be a pretty relaxing time.  I am lucky that the babysitter is coming at the beginning of the week, so I can take the older kids out and about.  Sometimes I feel bad that they miss out on stuff because we have to work around nap time, sometimes we have to get home earlier than planned because one of the short stacks has lost it and is screaming like a banshee.  So I'm not sure the kids will notice, but I will feel like they're getting some extra toddler-free mom time... Of course, we may have to stop at the store since I am adding to the Thanksgiving feast. :)

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I think that new Jackie Warner dvd I bought may be doing something.  I mean I was unbelievably sore this week from a 30 minute workout, but the scale has dropped a few.  (always helpful right before Thanksgiving)  So begrudgingly I will keep it going, hard for me, I am just not an enthusiastic work out girl.  It's just not in my DNA.  I come from fluffy people, fluffy people that like food. It's a real effort to keep my weight down.  I better go, it's Saturday night, all five kiddos are in bed, must be time to have an adult conversation with the great guy....


EGAD:  People went out at midnight  to see the latest Harry Potter movie. I don't remember the last time I was awake at midnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment