Saturday, November 27, 2010

Good Friends and Tamale Season has Begun!!!

Today we had a good stash of friends over for lunch.  We wanted to have people over for lunch to celebrate the shorties' birthdays (although belatedly) and start the holiday season with tamales!  Billy and I have really put an effort into finding friends that just simply are easy.  Both of our families in recent years have become living soap operas, any time together really is draining.  And really, in the end, I am usually upset by the end and we just decided together that it wasn't worth it.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but I have quickly come to the realization that it isn't good for me or my children to surround yourself with people that do not take your feelings into account or your children's.  So when we have these get togethers, we have our friends over instead.  SO we all got together and ate tamales, Spanish rice and finished with birthday cake. 12 kids running around, it was so NICE.  It really was a great way to start the Christmas holidays.  Now it's time to get the tree out and Christmas-fy the house.  My absolutely favorite time of year.  I leave you with cake covered pictures of my sweet short stacks...  I need to go watch "Elf" on tv, perfect.....


No comments:

Post a Comment