Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Worst Haircut EVER and the Great Guy Dusted Off His Cape...

Ugh...  I get the nerve to cut my hair and spend time getting a haircut instead of running errands during babysitter time and what happens?!  The worst cut EVER.  I wanted it to fall slightly below  my shoulders.  I now have a bob.  And it's embarrassing how much you hair can affect your confidence level.  All afternoon I have felt like a mom-jean wearing schlub.  I called Billy and warned him that I was very upset and that he better watch his reaction when he came home.  What did he do?  Knocked it out of the park.  My knight in shining armor walks in and says, "I think you look so pretty, it even makes your face look thinner."  BAM, I am all good....  But now I wonder, before the haircut, did he think I had a fat face?!  What does all this mean???  Yes, I did do that to myself.  I am amazed at how quickly I can self sabotage a compliment.  It's a gift really....

Last Sunday my beautiful short stacks turned 2 years old.  Joy and sadness mixed together.  They have come such a long way, but to see the baby-ness all gone breaks my heart.  Before I can blink they will go from "mommy" to "mom" and stop reaching for my hand.  Sigh...  But the highlight of the day was after deciding to have lunch at McDonald's ( the party is next week), I had told Billy I just didn't think they were old enough for the play scape.  It's just these tunnels up in the air that eventually lead to a slide.  "No, Dana, they're fine, the big kids are going to stay with them."  So about 4-5 minutes into the adventure I hear Simon pitching a fit (amazing how in a roomful of loud kids, you can always pick out your dearest wailing) and then poor Kevin yelling down, "umm, I can't get Simon out."  I just turned to look at Billy, who was already removing his shoes and attaching his cape. (ahhh, it is so easy for him to get points with me)  So off he went, all 6'1" of him up into the McDonalds' play scape to save our youngest angel...  And no,   I don't have any pictures.  That darn tube doesn't have any clear Plexiglas type spaces for me to see through. (otherwise I would have started this post off with that shot!)

So that's the last few days in a nutshell.  Now we gear up for the Thanksgiving holidays,  Emi and Simon's party and the start of the Christmas rush.  I just hope I get all the food right, having new people at the Thanksgiving table is always a bit nerve wracking, especially when it's all gluten-free and you hope that no one can tell the difference...

EGAD: Another Hollywood marriage is ending?! No, that just can't be!

No comments:

Post a Comment