Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Late Valentines And Day Two of School....

So Billy and I pushed our Valentines Day lunch to yesterday, with the shorties starting school on Monday, I needed to spend the day focusing on my crazy train of worry about them. :) So after we dropped them off for day 2 of preschool, we ran some errands and then headed for an early lunch. We quickly threw WW under the bus for the day. I absolutely LOVE PF Changs gluten free menu (I cannot thank them enough for giving me my Chinese food back!) and it was our day of LOVE, you can't count points on your day of LOVE, right?! I had their yummy chicken lettuce wraps and lemon chicken and waddled out the door. SO good, it was worth whatever huge leap on my scale this morning. It was a really nice lunch, Billy and I never get out alone and just hang out. Very necessary in a marriage, but our sitter graduated college last fall and it's hard to find a sitter for five. So we squeeze in the lunches, hopefully more often now that my sweet little ones are in an MDO program. All I need for Valentines is a great meal and a fab dessert. I mean, the bouquet of tulips were beautiful, but that plate of lemon chicken won my heart. :) Billy and I have been together almost 20 years now, married 13.

Day two of school for the shorties was a mixed bag. My sweet Simonster cried as soon as we pulled into the school parking lot. Then he wanted Daddy, not me to hold his hand. (God, they totally know they're stabbing you in the heart when they do that....) We got in, Emi ran off to play (that kid is SO over hanging out with parents!) and Simon continued to cry so Billy and I had to zip out the door. :( When I got there at 2, he jumped in my arms and planted a juicy one on me. :) The teacher said he only cried for 10 minutes. He will be fine, I know that. And hey, if I get extra kisses out of it, who am I to say anything?! :) Emi didn't even come over. She waved and kept playing. So all three of us are getting better.

So today I must pay for all the food intake. I am being a point Nazi, measuring everything and I have a date with Jillian Michaels tonight. Yuck. I have never been a fan of working out. I wish I was. I run into people that used to hate it, now are total gym rats. Not me. I still hate it. I know I need it, especially as I get older. But I am never happy about it. I am known to verbally abuse my workout DVD trainer, ask my kids. :)

I need to go be productive, the shorties are napping and there is so much laundry to be done, the hampers won't shut. Laundry has to burn some calories, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment