Saturday, October 15, 2011

And Life Goes On, Carry On....

So I bought myself that t-shirt that says, "Keep Calm and Carry On". I felt I needed it as my mantra. :) After talking to Simon's physical therapist and really taking a deep breath and stepping back for a few days, I am at peace. We will get another opinion, the MRI is also scheduled. Through the last few days of working through my sweet boy's diagnosis, I can only say with certainty that he is exactly where he is supposed to be. He was meant to be my child, raised by Billy and I. His biological mother was a heroin addict that had already had 3 kids removed from her custody. I cannot even imagine where my baby would be, he's had to wear a helmet to correct the shape of his head, tons of physical therapy to correct his torticollis, speech therapy to get him to talk, and now this new path. God put him where he is supposed to be. :) So I hug and kiss him more now, if possible, and we "carry on".

We carry on to Aaron and his sinking ship that is 6th grade. I have dragged him through the first 9 weeks of school, sent him to morning tutoring to only find out today that he didn't do the missing assignments and will fail English. I cried. Over dramatic? Yes. Crushed, absolutely. I keep trying to get through to him, to will him to give a damn. I'm not giving up, but I am deflated. Billy cleared his room. There is nothing but furniture and books. This is where we are right now and what we have to do. Sigh... Kids are hard.... :(

This week, I have 3 kids getting school pictures, I need to get some clothes for that, Olivia has an orthodontist appointment and then the regular therapy/piano lesson schedule. Busy October, better get off of here and get on it. Have a great Fall weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment