Friday, October 28, 2011

Today, Kevin Gave Himself Whiplash... I Wish I Was Making That Up....

I got a phone call right as the physical therapist drives up to my house. Kevin is hysterical. Kevin is never hysterical, especially at school... In front of other kids... (unless needles are involved, then he screams like a girl...anyway...) He is begging me to come get him, his neck hurts like he can't explain, I asked him if he was injured or what. He just keeps telling me to come get him. I throw on my Super cape, toss the therapist (lovingly) out of my house and corral the little ones into the car while calling Billy. What does Mr. Level-headed say?

"What did the nurse say? Did she tell you what she thought it was?"

Me: "Ummm, I didn't talk to her, he.was.hysterical. What kind of heartless man are you?! I have an appt with the pediatrician at 3. You have to call the nurse, I'm driving. Tell her I'll be there in 5 minutes." (Emi yelling in the background "PARTY CITY!!!!" As we pass that darn store, she cannot help herself...) My phone rings again and Billy says that the nurse says whatever it is, it's his neck muscle just locked up. I don't even know what that means...

I get to school, maneuver around with curious 2 year olds and get to my 11 year old baby, still with tears streaming down his face.In.school.where.he.has.friends. His neck is crooked to the side and we leave.

By the time I got him to the doctor and they do all their examinations, she tells me that Kevin basically gave himself whiplash. Apparently that's possible?!?! A severe dose of prescription Tylenol and we went home to the rest of the crew that Daddy was patrolling expertly. Two kids were doing homework, 2 kids were out back chasing the dog... That's teamwork. I'm lucky that Billy works for himself and can just pick up and come home. I could have done it with all the kids in tow. But he makes it so I don't have to. :)

Tomorrow we are taking family pictures. Pray for me. I am totally psyched. I am the only one. :) There has to be one good shot, right????

No comments:

Post a Comment