Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Something Is Going To Have To Give....

Ugh.... I am just simply not getting everything done around here. The late afternoon/evenings are spent homework wrangling/begging for a finish line... Then shower, lunch making, baby bedtime, etc. Nothing besides that takes place after 5. During the days that the shorties are home, I can sneak in cleaning and laundry (they "help" you know....), but there is no more nap for Miss Emi, so I am limited in accomplishments. The 2 days they go to preschool are the only times I can get shopping done and appointments. My days with the trainer have been few and far between because, simply, life is in the way. I know, keep yourself healthy benefits the family, blah, blah. I just can't fit in 90 minutes. No, I am not committed enough to get up at 5am nor do I have the energy to go after 8pm. I'm afraid I am just going to have to forgo my membership for now.

Am I removing the easiest roadblock? Absolutely. 90 minutes of travel, work out and then I'm gross all day... I end up running errands in my work out clothes, going to the nursing home dressed like that and I feel like a slob. It's a total cop out. I am going to try and see how often I can get myself there this month (since I already paid for it) and see if I should continue. But I see the writing on the wall and that's ok. My time isn't now, my kids are the priority and I decided to have a family this big. And I do not have Billy's determination to go out there after the shorties go to bed and run 3 miles. This is my Achilles heel, exercise. I hate it. It explains why I was a fat kid. My best friend had to drag me outside. Ride bikes?! Only by necessity....

So that's where I am right now. We'll see what October 31st brings me....

No comments:

Post a Comment