Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's Amazing What Covering The Gray Can Do...

I desperately needed to take care of my hair, I had at least an inch and a half of gray. But I've been putting it off because we're doing family pictures at the end of the month. I can't have THE family portrait include a gray mom, can I?? Same reason why all of my boys look like hippies at the moment. :) We rarely do family portrait style pics, so I have been planning this one for awhile. The shorties are old enough to sit and look (and hopefully smile), the older kids can help, and I should be able to make it through without tension... Right??? Even if I am racked with tension, my hair color will be fabulous... And it's how you look, right???

Things around here are a bit bumpy. Aaron is struggling in school... Still... We just don't know how to make him want to work harder. To do his job. It is beyond frustrating. The boy has no enjoyment in his life right now. No electronics, no tv, no Legos. I cannot comprehend how he doesn't want to put in the effort to get his life back...

The woman that lived in the suite with my mom at the nursing home (they have separate rooms, share the living room and bathroom) passed away Monday night. While I didn't know her beyond saying hello and asking how she was doing, it still brought us sadness. She was 95 yeards old and had the best attitude towards life. I wish my mom had the same attitude. Miss Tillie lived to the fullest, I hope I do the same....

Our physical therapist is stepping up Simon's therapy, now that he has this new diagnosis. She had him running outside so she can watch his gate, his left arm tends to curl up, kinda like Bob Dole. :) She's going to try a wrist weight this week. I'm trying to just go with the flow for now until the MRI in late November. We'll deal with any results then, but for now, we'll work in therapy and I'll do things at home. And my sweet boy will be ok. Isn't he beautiful? I couldn't love him more....

No comments:

Post a Comment