Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A morning spent at the Social Security Office....

I am ashamed to admit it, but a month before Simon and Emi's 2nd birthday, I realized that I have yet to officially change their names with social security. When they came to us through the foster care system, they had their names given to them by their birth mother and social security numbers. A mom more on the ball would have zipped over to the ss office soon after the adoption was finalized, but not me. :) But as of now, all government offices recognize my precious ones as official Ryanns. At least I beat their 2nd birthdays. And sitting in that office didn't kill me.

Then I spent the bulk of my babysitter time going from store to store looking for a bike chain cover. Let me just say that I am so over Bike Rodeo. My kids don't need a light on their bikes, because I don't let them ride at night. But we own the $15 lights for that one morning every year when Bike Rodeo commences. Same with those obnoxious horns. This is my older boys' last bike rodeo, and it may be the one thing I am happy to leave behind in elementary school. Needless to say, I came up empty handed and Kevin will have to be cover-free and lose 5 points. I hope I haven't damaged him permanently....


http://www.theonion.com/articles/quiet-riot-speaks-out-against-nations-poor-metal-h,18174/

No comments:

Post a Comment