Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My sweet girl learned an important word today...

Emi learned to say "coffee". No, it's not on the recommended list from the speech therapist, but probably a necessity in this house. :) We didn't have therapy today, so we really just spent the day at home and I tried to really do some Spring cleaning? (Fall cleaning?) around here during nap. I got half of the pantry done which was no small feat. Of course, Billy gets home, I do the big "TA DA!" and he just stands there. Grrr. I guess I'll just have to appreciate the pretty and organized shelves alone. You should see my cupcake sprinkles section...

School is really getting busy, I have at least one kid staying after school for some extra curricular every day except Friday. I am so lucky that the school is inside our subdivision, it makes it much easier to coordinate pick ups and to share with other moms. I am also lucky that our school offers so many options for the kids for free. They are in choir, 5th grades strings and once-a-month clubs start in November. We are truly blessed to have found their school and this great neighborhood. I hope we're as happy next year when Aaron and Kevin start middle school. Yikes, I am so not ready for that move. I see prayers and wine involved in that transition.

My wonderful babysitter is graduating from college in December and moving back home. I have been really lucky to be able to run errands all by myself twice a week for the past year, I know I am spoiled. So now the dilemma is, do I put them in a Mother's Day Out program, do we look for a Montessori, or a Goddard private preschool? I am really torn, I worry that because they are behind in speech that they won't be able to communicate, and I doubt that the teachers will know their signs. Simon gets really frustrated if he isn't understood, and so I don't really know what I am going to do. I could leave them home with me until the new school year, they would be better speakers.... I just don't know.

Hmm, I didn't mean for this to be a serious, what am I going to do post, I didn't know it was lurking. :) Last night I dreamt that Billy left me. Not only left me, but the kids were fine with it, cuz they had 2 houses now! I, of course, immediately woke him up at 2:30 to ask him how he could do that to me. Because that's what marriage is about. :) We're hitting our 13th anniversary in a few weeks, how has he managed to stay sane? I fully admit I am high maintenance. Not because I need lots of stuff or expect lots of gifts or anything. I just tend to speak before thinking, I talk too much and unfortunately, take things personally. Like I have said before, he is a good man.

RIP Tom Bosley, you were a big part of my childhood, you and Fonzy......

No comments:

Post a Comment