Saturday, January 28, 2012

I've Let Her Down As A Mother...

Olivia started tumbling today. She was SO excited to get started. The shorties and I watched (well, I watched and they played with my phone---probably not a good thing to start..) and I was tired watching them! But one thing I noticed was some girls were moving on to round offs and some other things I don't know the names of, but Olivia was working on the dreaded cartwheel. Dreaded because she can't do one. I never taught her. At 40, I don't know how to do one. I know, I know, my head is hanging in shame. But hey, let's drag out the adolescent baggage, shall we? As a fluffy child/teenager, the last thing I was working on was a cartwheel. Come on. I was working on watching tv. I didn't like to go outside, I only went when my best friend made me. Once we were out there in "nature" (shutter...), I wasn't about to go all flopping around. No way...

So here I am, 30 years later, regretting it all. But lucky for me, (they say you marry your opposite) Billy can do a cartwheel!!! Olivia will master the task and next Saturday she will be victorious!! (and 20 years from now, I will still remember how I failed her. Cuz that's how I roll...) Thank God she'll be here for Emi.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment