Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Break Has Started Along with the Baking....

Well, I am finally done with all the goodies for teachers.  The kids and I really dug in and made some super yummy treats (Well, the kids told me they were yummy, they weren't gluten free, so I just have to trust.).  We did the Oreo Truffles from A Southern Fairytale's blog http://asouthernfairytale.com/2009/12/17/oreo-truffles/ and cranberry nut bread (old recipe of ours), and Smores on a Stick from Saucy's Sprinkles http://www.saucysprinkles.com/2010/12/one-day-of-dipping.html .  We had to get boxes filled for 10 teachers/staff, so I am baked out...  For now. ;) I have a few more recipes that I have found while blogging that I am dying to try while changing them to gluten free.  I mean, who wants to bake and bake and not partake???  I am not that strong.  :)  So we'll take a few days off and then pull out the mixing bowls again.  (I REALLY want a stand mixer, I think I may start to save up for one.)  And we still have the annual gingerbread house to decorate.  This year the shorties are going to participate, should make for messy pictures...

I can't believe that my kids are home for Christmas break already.   Kevin was home today and I had to take him to the doctor, fever of 102 and a terrible sore throat.  I figured strep, luckily I was wrong and it's viral.  So he missed the Christmas parties and the sing-a-longs that the kids really look forward to doing.  Oh well, I enjoyed his company today and he did get a lot of sleep in.  Poor kid really sounds awful though...

No comments:

Post a Comment