Sunday, December 12, 2010

Why Do My Christmas Sugar Cookies Always Look Like Accident Victims??

Almost every year I try to make those adorably frosted cookie cutter sugar cookies...  I just can't.  I don't have the gene for it.  They always look like accident victims... Gingerbread men with misshapen heads and angels with one wing or one foot.  Truly a horrific site.  And poor Olivia is standing there with me excited that we may get it this time, I mean this year we poured over blogs and drooled over these beautiful works of art...
http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2009/12/personalized-christmas-ornament-cookies.html

She is truly gifted, you should take a moment to browse her beautiful cookies....

So I watched her tutorials...  I bought all my supplies... And we set to bake... And then we looked at our finished product...  I couldn't even take a picture, it seemed disrespectful... :)  But they tasted good... And we had a lot of fun.  That's what's most important, I know.... But why can't I make pretty cookies??? Another one of life's great mysteries....

So this coming week is going to be a busy one.  This is my last week with my wonderful and lovely babysitter.  I have been lucky enough to have her since the shorties were 5-6 months old and spoiled to be able to get errands run all by myself, haircuts and eyebrows waxed alone.  I have been able to zip over to the nursing home and visit with my mom alone, schedule doctor appointments easily, all of it.  And now she dares to graduate college and move home and USE HER DEGREE?!?!  Ugh, so selfish....  Truly, I was in such a lucky position to be able to have her, lucky to find such a great fit for our family, and I am now going to readjust to the shorties and I 24/7.  I'm sure I sound really spoiled, but it is going to be an adjustment.  Running into Walgreen's for that one item isn't going to be such a quick run.  Two 2 year olds are harder than one.  But I've been here before, I was actually in a rougher position before, when the older boys were 2, I also had Olivia as a one year old.  So this is just going to take a bit of adjustment and the shorties are going to have to get used to more errands and store experiences.  We shall overcome....

I have to bake like a mad woman this week (I know, no more cookies).  I have loads of teachers to get baskets ready for and 2 speech therapists and one physical therapist.  I'm going to do these super cute chocolate covered marshmallows, Oreo truffles, banana nut bread, and maybe this white chocolate popcorn thing that I saw online.  I hope to make it out of the week with less than a 10 pound weight gain.  At least the Oreo truffles are off limits since they aren't gluten free.  School Christmas parties on Friday and then I have all five of my sweeties home for 2 weeks.  Have a  great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment