Friday, December 3, 2010

Pizza Friday Means the Kitchen Stays Clean.....

This week went by pretty quick, didn't it?  I got the shorties 2 year pictures done, forgot one of my kids at school, and managed to get the boys' book reports done and out the door.  Can't complain really.  I visited with my mom today at the nursing home.  These days are always hard, it's hard to sit and realize that the woman you grew up with isn't there any more.  I miss her so much.  This is our first Christmas with her not at home.  On a positive note, my dad has simply amazed me.  He sits with her every afternoon, no matter what, no matter what she says to him, he is there.  Real, true long lasting love. :)

Christmas cards are beginning to arrive and I feel so behind.  I usually have them out by the first of December and this year I don't even have the kids' picture taken yet.  I plan on torturing them Sunday, fingers crossed that I get a good pic or at least, everyone's eyes open and facing the camera.  Hopefully I will have pictures to post by the end of the weekend.  Or some really awful ones... Either way we'll have some kind of picture to mail out. 

Luckily for me, the scale numbers seem to be back on the decline after the Thanksgiving holidays.  I partook in way too many desserts and boy that scale didn't lie.  The struggle now is not to start baking too soon.  But most blogs I read everyone is baking like crazy.  And Bakerella?! Ahhh, the cake pops that I can never make cute.  My daughter and I try and try, but they always look really funky.  And not in a good way.  Well, I should bring this to an end and spend some time with my great guy.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment