Friday, December 31, 2010

Well 2010 is Coming To An End Already....

That was quick...  Except I find myself saying that more often on the last day of the year.  I think it has to do with getting older and watching your children race to adulthood without asking me if that was ok.  So many good and bad things happened, it's too much to list, and you probably don't want me to type out that list anyway.  Needless to say, my kids got bigger, smarter, and older.  My short stacks finally started talking.  My mom had to be placed in a nursing home, watching your parents age and change from the people they have always been is hard to do. 

Last night we went downtown for our annual Riverwalk dinner to see the Christmas lights.  We tried a new Mexican restaurant, Acenar, that had a gluten free menu and it was really yummy. 






Then on the way home we saw this.... (this is the highway we take home..)



I must say I have never seen a helicopter crash land on the highway.  Luckily there were no injuries, the pilot hovered until the cars parted and he was able to safely put it down.

2011 starts soon, Billy and I will get back to working out and counting points.  This year is going to be a big one, Billy and I both turn 40, my older boys will start middle school, and who knows what will become of Billy's business venture.  I'm looking forward to it...  Well, except that turning 40 part.  We'll just skip that one...  I'm hoping the blogging feels more natural, for all our sakes... Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment