Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday, Monday.......Try Printing Out School Supply Lists, Your Kids Will Stop Talking To You...

We were off to a fast paced start, this week Kevin has basketball camp, so we were up and moving early. Of course this is when the lovely boy yells downstairs, "my basketball shoes don't fit anymore!" Of course they don't, you won't.stop.GROWING.... Ugh, this boy is just shooting up like a weed. He is at least 3-4 inches taller than his twin brother. Anyway, small shoes on and a promise to go to Academy later and Billy and Kevin were out the door while I wrestled the youngest two for MDO.

Billy called me from the camp and was really impressed. Big sigh of relief for me, we had little info on it, it's a former Spurs player than has been doing it for years now. Billy said that some kid mouthed off and they had him doing push ups! LOVE that! (that's what we do with the boys, Billy's dad was a Marine...) He said that Kevin immediately made eye contact with Billy and smiled. It sounds like it's going to be a great week for him. I miss him though, it's weird not having his sarcasm nearby....

I dropped off my littlest ones for school and Olivia and Aaron and I headed out to get some school supplies. When I printed out the list, a few of my kids stopped talking to me. :) So silly, I'm not trying to speed up school starting, I'm trying to get in on the sales! GEEZ!!! Today we managed a new backpack and a few other small supply pick ups. When I need stuff for the 3 older kids and new clothes and lunch boxes for all 5, I look for the deals...

Last point, (I know, this is a long post) I am gaining weight. BOO.... I haven't done a lick of exercise since the 5K and it is SO easy to snack when the kids are home in the summer. I have got to get back in gear or all that work from January to the end of June was for nothing. And Billy will still be fit and all and I will be dumpy. :( Back to Jillian Michaels, I suppose. She is a bit frightening....

I should go, I have to pick up a bunch of kids soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment