Friday, July 29, 2011

Movies, Therapists, and A Looming Birthday on The Horizon...

I've tried to spend this week working on school supplies, school clothes, and some fun with my older kids. Since Simon and Emi came home, they have missed out on some things that I can't take them to with little ones, that kind of stuff. So in between shopping for stuff they didn't want (anything reminding them of school around the corner!) we managed to head to my Dad's to swim and yesterday we spent the big bucks and hit the dollar movies. I haven't been the the movie theater in ages, it's sad really. :) We saw Rio....


It was really cute and I think we all had a good time together.... Until we went to Target and fought over which toy aisle we would shop in. Sigh... So ridiculous....

Today they needed the 6 month re-evaluation for Emi and Simon's physical therapy, so we're looking at another 6 months of that every Tuesday and Thursday. Then the older kids and Billy went off to hold their latest lemonade stand. :) Such budding capitalists... I guess it's a good thing that it's been at least 100 degrees every afternoon....


On  a deeply personal note, the fact that I will soon be 40 is not something I am taking lightly. I know, "age is just a number", "40 is the new 30", WHATEVER... I just look in the mirror and I see aging. I don't feel like what I see in the mirror, does that make sense? I walk in the bathroom, and I'm like, who the hell is that? Are those age spots?! Good Lord.... Ugh.... Maybe I need a facial... Do they work? Or some peeling of some kind... I should do research... There has to be a way to get through this. Billy did, my best friend did. Why am I silently kicking and screaming???

No comments:

Post a Comment