Friday, July 1, 2011

I Guess This Is What Our Fridays Are Like Now....

I sit here, late on a Friday night because my house is overrun with people. I have one kid watching "Horton Hears a Who" on one tv. Two others are watching some UFO, God knows what show. Two others are refusing to fall asleep and I am listening to the wrestling on the baby monitor. These Fridays try the soul. :) This is the one day a week that the big kids get to stay up until 10pm. They like feeling mature, they make popcorn and hang out. They take the tv. When am I supposed to watch all my DVR shows?! So today I am sitting at my computer with you while the boys chase UFOs and Olivia is wrapped in a Snuggie with Dr. Seuss. I suppose it is just a glimpse of the future teen years when they never go to bed and are always draped over a couch eating and spilling something.

I must have been stung more than once yesterday, my right arm is more swollen now than 24 hours ago. And it itches like the devil. I hope I wake up tomorrow with a normal looking forearm. I googled it, they say yellow jacket stings can stay swollen for 48 hours. Lovely....

The 3 day weekend has begun, I hope you have wonderful plans set. Most of our weekend will be like any other, house stuff and church on Saturday, lazy Sunday. But it will be an early bedtime Sunday, because Monday at 8 am we will be running the neighborhood 5K. No way am I ready. I know I can run 2 1/4 miles without too much trouble. But we never ran the whole 5K. Probably not the best plan. The goal is to finish, not necessarily place. And for Billy to have a regularly beating heart when it is all said and done. :) I will definitely post pics, no way this is going by without that. There may even be a pic of me, we shall see. The blog censor (me) is very picky about self portraits....

Have a great 4th of July, enjoy the fireworks for us, our county has a fireworks ban due to the drought. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment