Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Is Already Half Way Gone, Have You Broken Up Any Fights Yet??

As I sit at the, let's say half way mark of Mother's Day, I have two in nap mode and my older three watching a rerun of "Fear Factor".... Which now that I think about it, may put my Great Mom award in jeopardy. :) I woke up to five kids jumping on the bed with coffee quick to follow. Ahhhh, LOVE my kids... But the husband following right behind with the camera?? Not so much... I mean do we need to document my morning look?? I'm afraid to look, and I have to live with myself. Don't worry, Father's Day is soon approaching. But of course, because said husband is a MAN, he won't care if I'm taking pictures and really, when you don't have hair or wear make up, is your morning look that different than any other look? So unfair.... The pains of childbirth AND bedhead.... Sigh....

There were beautiful flowers, a new bathrobe (he was listening!!!), the boys replaced the wind chime that somehow became the soccer goal... (don't ask, I'm still bitter..) My sweet Olivia bought a gluten free cupcake cookbook, and my sweet shorties made me hand prints and painted flowerpots. All beautifully organized by a wonderful dad/husband that made a yummy breakfast. It's been a great day. Hope yours was as well....

My best friend's son had his first communion on Saturday, somehow I managed to corral 4 of the 5 kids to church. (Aaron had a soccer game) I was quite pleased with myself until Simon started shouting some incoherent word that sounded too close to a racial epithet that we had to rush out to the foyer. Two year olds are GREAT in church....

The downside is the itch in my throat, I think Simon has shared whatever ick he's had all weekend. Here's to hoping it will pass, that everyone is healthy for school and I can get to the gym tomorrow morning. I am pleased to report that I am now only mildly sore, no tears involved in stair climbing or child lifting. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment