Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The End of The Road Is So Near....

Well, here we are, entering the last week of school. Usually I see this as a good thing, every thing slows down, we're at a relaxed pace around the house. But this year is different. My boys, my first babies, are finishing up elementary school. WAAAAAAAH! I just cannot believe that we're already here. 6th graders. 7 teachers. Lockers. Puberty. Girls. Yuck. They are busting at the seams. And I am truly happy for them and the new chapter of their lives. But, really, wasn't I diapering them 5 minutes ago? Didn't Billy and I meet these 5 pound little cherubs only yesterday? So unfair. But we will turn the page and watch them become young men and try not to let them see me cry.

Today we had the 5th grade talent show. What brave kiddos. No way would I have had that courage to get on a stage in front of my peers at 10. Forget it, I'm not sure I'd do it now. :) (Let's ignore the fact that I don't really have any talents, per say....) Anyway, Kevin and his best friend did a comedy skit and had a lot of fun. Tomorrow Olivia has 4th grade awards. Then Thursday is the 5th grade award ceremony and we will start the long hot summer. And it won't feel all that long. And by August, I will be ready for them to get to school. :)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! It's a happy time, but then you realize they are never going to be little again. My daughter Kaitlin just got her driving permit yesterday! AHH! I can't believe she's going to be off to college in a few years :( Hug them while you still can! LOL

    XO Faith

    http://healthnationally.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete