Friday, January 28, 2011

That Whole Refusing To Read Directions Thing Has Got To Be Genetic....

So one of my 10 year old boys is struggling in math. Not the best subject for me to help with, but really if I can't figure out 5th grade math, I should be ashamed and mocked in public....  Anyway, I had him bring me his lowest graded assignment and as we went through all the missed problems, I realize that he got a lot of them wrong because he DIDN'T READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!  Really?!?! That afflicts young boys? I just figure that was a guy thing when they start driving, heading out on road trips and scoffing at their silly wives for even suggesting that maps might be a good idea. :)  My 10 year old has proven to me that they must be born that way.  But until they can use it in the car or when they are building bikes at 2 a.m. on Christmas Eve, they just do it to self destruct in math... Awesome....

Have an awesome weekend, I plan on watching "Once Upon a Potty" at least 1800 times with the shorties. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment