Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yes, We're Going To Our Potty, Potty....

I know they're young. (They turned 2 last November)  But I've never had toddlers consistently tell me they were wet as much as these two.  So I am biting the bullet, ordered the best potty song video of all time (my 9 year old can STILL sing it to this day!), set up the throne potty (chimes when you pee and stand up) in both bathrooms, and I have a stash of treats at the ready (we all love eating chocolate in the bathroom). Oh, and incase you needed a potty dvd, or just wanted to jam to the potty, potty song, this is the one I have used for the 3 older kids and now the 2 younger ones.



6:30 a.m. Simon is up and roaring, grab him and rush to the potty and discuss the finer points of going pee pee in said potty. HE WENT! HOLY CRAP, HE DID IT! All over the place, I mean in the potty, on his pj bottoms that were nearby, under the potty, and the bathroom rug. Sigh.... Darn boy parts.... Emi follows with such a wet diaper she can't have anything left inside. 5 minutes later, my sweet girl is repeating "potty, potty" and nothing else. Ok, I am one for 2, I'll take it.

7 a.m. Emi is all "wet, wet, potty mommy", so we're off. (if nothing else I am burning calories) Umm, she already went before we got there. But the sweet girl says, "mommy potty?" and points to the 'flushing toilet' across the way.  Always thinking of others. :)

7:10 Simon reeks. Said nothing in advance. Oh well....

7:50 Emi was feeling left out, joins Simon in the scent, but still wants to go sit on the potty.  As she sits there she leans over and shuts the door on me. The kid already needs her privacy?!?!

So I took them again a little later, nothing and then again right before nap time. This of course means that as I type this, they are peeing like horses in their nap pull ups.

Then we're back at it after  nap time.  Simon is dry and won't pee. Grrr... I am way older now than when I did this with my older kids, that is clear....

Wait a minute.... Perhaps my sweet boy is peeing everywhere is due to the fact that I didn't attach the splash guard?? Umm, why can't I find that splash guard?

12:43 p.m., Emi yells "peepee!" And we're off.... To see absolutely nothing. Obviously this would be better with wine....

1:45 p.m. My dad stops by to see the shorties... They're practically naked from the waist down and we're not changing that for the visit.... Suffice it to say it was a short visit.  He didn't have to go potty :) 

So here I sit at 7:30 p.m., little ones in bed. Whew, day one is over.  I must admit, I'm not sure they're really ready.  Or I'm not.... 

I'm going to have to figure in WW points for the wine I'm going to need during potty training...

No comments:

Post a Comment