Thursday, June 23, 2011

Emi Has An Appoinment For A Botox Shot. I Feel Like A Toddler and Tiara Mom...

Well, yesterday Emi had an appointment with a neurologist. Up until now both kiddos have been under a pediatric plastic surgeon for the torticollis and physical therapy. So at 2 1/2, Simon has really improved, his head shape is normal and his head tilt is pretty much nonexistent. But Emi still has this slight head tilt and I just wasn't sure that the PT was doing anything more. I loved the ped neurologist, he had a great bedside manner and was so good with her. I don't know what it is, but in my experience with neurologists, they tend to be so serious and cerebral, they're really crappy to talk to. I like to be able to chat with my doctors. For years I had a great neurologist that would tolerate my crazy. (I have mild epilepsy, basically as long as I am medicated, nothing happens. It doesn't even register on a EEG test.) I would go in and tell him we had to hurry and ween off my meds because my eggs were drying up. :) His retirement was a sad day for me. Needless to say my current one is very nice, but we do not discuss my egg situation. :)

Sorry, that has nothing to do with Emi. So he told me that she has been misdiagnosed with Torticollis, she actually has Laterocollis (different neck muscles basically) and they treat with Botox injections. I kid you not. They inject the strong muscle and "freeze" it so the weaker muscles have to kick in and strengthen. (and yes, I totally asked if the moms get the left overs, waste not, want not. :) So she is scheduled for September, and we will see how freaked out I get by then. I have been told by several doctors about this, the PT too, but I'm not totally cool with injecting a toxin in my 2 year old. Here's a pic where you can see the tilt pretty well. It does tend to show up more when she's tired...


In other news, Billy is turning 40 this weekend. I'm not sure if he dreads it as much as I do. See, when he ages, I follow 2 months later. And I don't do well with age. I know it's silly, but I hate it. I plan on wearing head to toe black on my 40th, if I even admit to the event occurring. But this weekend we are diet free. He wants to eat at Pappadeux and Marble Slab for dessert. No arguments from me. I just need to get on the ball and start wrapping presents.

I haven't worked out in a week. I just can't get out to the gym with everyone home for summer. We did run on Father's Day and of course, we have another family run this weekend (he asks for the STRANGEST things for gifts!!!) So I am exercising, just not the crazy intensity I was during May. I actually miss it. Don't tell anyone....

No comments:

Post a Comment