Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Break Has Begun, We Managed a Road Trip Without Car Trouble...

We just got back home from a quick weekend trip to visit Billly's grandma. It's a long road trip, 6 hours with the kids is never a party, but I must admit, they were pretty good this time around. And I hate to jinx it, but Emi and Simon went hardcore on the potty training and stayed dry on the road trip! I barely stayed dry on the trip! :)

There isn't a lot to do in Grand Saline, population, maybe 2900. But we really just go to see family and hang out. Except there is one thing we do every year, no matter what. The Salt Palace.


It's covered in salt (glue, duct tape, I don't know how) and my kids always go and lick it. Yes, it's disgusting and they always do it and we always take pictures. :) This was Emi and Simon's first lick and I thought I'd share the moment.

Kids will do anything...


The kids hit the pool and for some reason became crazed with building houses of cards. I mean for HOURS... I think living in a small town would kill them. :) And Simon got really good at destroying them...




Simon is just waiting for the perfect moment...


We took walks...


And before we knew it, it was time to pack up and say goodbye. I'm so glad I got this picture of Billy with his grandma. I just love it.


And so summer has officially begun! Now we have to get ready for the boys' birthday party next weekend and we have a swim meet tomorrow evening. Slow, sleepy summer, I don't think so... Did I mention that it was 100 degrees today?? August is gonna kill us....

No comments:

Post a Comment