Thursday, June 9, 2011

We May Need A Do Over For June, It's Been A Bumpy Start....

Ok, so why are my kids getting sick the first WEEK of summer break?! This is not how it's supposed to go at all. Monday we got Billy's car back from the shop (new alternator, such fun) and had to turn around and take it back due to no air conditioning. It's 100 degrees here already, no one should be without air. Tuesday I had to take Kevin and Simon to the doctor, Kevin has a bad ear infection from swimming and Simon, lucky for me, has a virus that involves BUCKETS of snot. All day. Super ewww.... At least everyone was happy during the appt.


Wednesday I am checking my email while at the doctor's for Aaron (3 down, 2 to go) and I have a message from our insurance company asking for more info on "the collision". Did I have a wreck? I think I'd remember. Billy just didn't want to bring it up while I was rushing to the doctor. Ummm, thanks I think. He was going maybe 10 mph in bumper to bumper traffic and rear ended the Beemer in front of him. What's a little more car trouble?! When I saw the damage I was shocked. He said they barely bumped. Ok, so I now hate Jettas. (forget the fact that I already have issues with that devil car with a manual transmission. Cars that don't let you drink coffee while driving are all sorts of wrong....) This is why you drive an SUV... (that and regular sized cars do not fit 5 kids. :) Oh and in case you're wondering, the husband did not appreciate my picture taking of the damage.... How else can I share??




So here we are, barely into June and I want a do over. I expect the sibling fighting, the kitchen in constant disarray, and "I'm bored already!". I wasn't expecting illness and car issues left and right. Needless to say, I haven't worked out in a week, and I am maybe half way ready for Aaron and Kevin's slumber party on Saturday. Sigh.... Ok, whining over. I just needed to get that out and now we put on our big girl panties and move on. :) And as the kids realized, everything gets better after a cul de sac water gun fight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment