Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's Official, Billy Is Now 40.... And I Am Not... :)

My dear hubby has hit the big 4-0. Alone of course, I am still a young and vibrant 39 year old. I must say, he has taken it rather well, most men do, I think. You know, they're now "distinguished" and we are old, wrinkly, and saggy. Sigh.... I think the day went well. We started it off with the family run. Now, I would NEVER make that a request on my birthday, but different strokes for different folks, right? We did 2.25 miles, which for this group wasn't too shabby. Our next run is the 5K on the 4th of July. Pray for me, I am no runner. Pray for Billy who had the great idea and will be pushing the 100 + pounds of shorties and stroller the entire route.

Before...

And after... Look at that sweat!

We hit Pappadeux for lunch, they're very careful with their menu and people coming in needing to stay gluten free. It was delicious as always, and I noticed that Simon and Emi were real little people in the restaurant. No screaming or having food packed in the diaper bag. It was a nice lunch and Billy seemed to enjoy it. Afterwards, Marble Slab (who needs cake?!) and we headed home for presents and the shorties needed a nap.



This morning (Billy's actual birthday) we got up, did a Sunday donut and breakfast taco run and kept it simple.

Simon's first trip inside the Krisy Kreme...
Now it's almost 2pm and Billy is sitting outside in the heat overseeing Olivia's lemonade stand. They're set up across the street from the neighborhood pool. Olivia has been planning this for weeks, keeps a notebook and "hired" the boys to assist. It's really cute to see my sweet capitalist working away. She says she is saving up for an iTouch. We'll see.

I have a mountain of laundry to deal with and two hyper little ones running up and down the stairs. I should get moving....

No comments:

Post a Comment