Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Think Billy Killed The Beast... For Now...

I am back online! YAY! I have been keeping myself busy with back to school shopping. When did 11 year old boys get picky?! Kevin now says he doesn't want clothes with labels (like the Polo horse). Aaron just hates to shop. We left La Cantera yesterday with 2 shirts. One for each. Sigh.... I told them that we were going to Old Navy Friday and they were going to suck it up and get stuff done. They don't even have enough shorts to last a week without midweek laundry. (This is due to the middle school rule of no athletic shorts... My boys LIVE in those, thankyouverymuch....) So tomorrow is hardcore shopping with the shorties in tow. (Another reason why I wanted to finish yesterday, little ones were in preschool.) My biggest problem is that the boys are really skinny. They need an adjustable waist and still wear a size 10, sometimes even that is too big.

At least I got exactly what I expected from Miss Olivia. Completely absorbed in the task at hand, wanting to carry her own bags, it was nice and productive... So here's to a better Friday experience, I'd like to be done with clothes and supply shopping so we can just relax and enjoy our last few weeks...

This is what my dear Billy is up to when he gets home from work....


God help my soul. He is practicing the layout for next week. We are all going to try to go camping. Pray for my sanity. I don't rough it well. We are headed to my parents' lake property. Which, before the flood in '98 would be a lovely getaway in a sweet 4 bedroom house on the water. Now it's lakefront property... No house... So Billy is planning the layout and I am planning the escape. :) I mean, the shorties are going... They will live in life vests the entire time. My concern is boredom. I mean, you can only fish for so long, drift in a tube for so long... Billy thinks we're going for 2 nights... I am not making any bets. Plan on lots of pictures and my personal horror stories. He bought an "outside solar shower" for Lord sakes... 5 kids, no electricity, no a/c. It's been averaging 103 these afternoons. Of course, if it gets too awful, the outlet mall is close by, I mean, the shorties and I could go to escape the heat. You don't want toddlers to get too hot... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment