Monday, August 15, 2011

What I Learned From Camping With Two Year OIds.....

Well, I must first confess, I already knew the first one, I am NOT a camper. I like the A/C, running water and a full bathroom. I fully cop to the fact that I went into this kicking and screaming... (kicking and screaming to my best friend, not to the other people in my house...) It's been 104 regularly here and the idea of never escaping the heat for 3 days terrified me.

Honesty laid out, I had a portable toilet for the shed. I have 2 kids that are finishing up potty training and I was not about to have a set back. And for me, with my Celiac and other digestive issues, going without was.never.going.to.happen.... The potty totally worked out, minus that whole emptying it after part. Yuck....

Billy went early with the dog to get the tent up, I love him. :) When we got there, the kids were so excited to fish, the shorties only wanted to jump in the lake. Needless to say, they spent almost the entire trip in life vests. We set up the rest of camp, the boys both caught a catfish and we swam for awhile....



I learned that there is little sleep to be had in a tent. Simon is a loud sleeper, it was Africa hot, and darn it all, the moon was WAY too bright... Billy slept outside with the dog, he was worried about a gang attack, I guess, out in the boonies....

The next day was long, after we  swam and had lunch, we all piled in the Suburban and hit the grocery store. I needed a change of scenery, little ones in some kind of seat, and air conditioning. I think it did us all good. More fishing and campfire smores followed...




Thursday morning we let the big kids fish and we took down camp. Billy looked over and said, "We're not campers." LOL! Camping to me is a shady hotel.... But the kids, all 5 of them had a ball. That's what we left with. Dirty, happy kids. Nice way to cap off summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment