Sunday, August 7, 2011

There's Nothing I Can Do To Stop This Whole Camping Thing....

Ugh.... It is really happening, soon I am going to be packing up to go camping. I really am nauseous. I worry about the shorties near the water (they will be living in life vests), I worry about the heat, and I worry about no drinkable water. Did I mention no water?!?!? When the house was knocked down after the flood, my dad had the water meters removed, I mean, no house, no water. But now I'm about to go sleep with my 5 kids and bottled water. Ugh... I'm sure it will be ok, and honestly, if I lose my mind, it's a 35 minute drive back home. (Did I mention that Billy and I are taking 2 cars???) I know the kids will have fun, I just have to remember to fake it for them. :) Outdoors is just not my thing.... As I type, Billy and the big kids are hanging out at Bass Pro Shop...

The end of last week did get better with the kids and school shopping. We may have struck out at the mall, but we did a pretty good haul at Old Navy with their $10 jean sale. Of course, they were out of shorts in the boys' size, so I am still working on that. It's just way too hot here to expect them in anything but shorts until October. I'm thinking of EBay maybe...

So Billy asked me to put privacy settings on my Facebook account. It's been open to everyone, I don't share info that is a secret, I don't post insane things like, "I'm not home now and the doors are unlocked". I mean, I have FB friends that have their address and phone numbers listed! Who does that?!  Anyway, since he asked, I went ahead and closed it to "friends of friends" only. I figure it's a simple favor to ask, it's just so sad for all the masses that sign on just to see the latest pic of my 5 angels. :) Maybe they'll just break down and friend request me so they can continue the good times. :)

Last night at church, the usher asked us  to bring up the gifts. I said, "the whole crew?!" I mean, usually I notice it's like a family of 4 they have walk up there. So we did and Kevin and Olivia walked up to the priest and handed him the Eucharist and wine and I saw him talking to them and when we sat back down, I asked Kevin what he had said. (terrible run on, sorry!) So Kevin smiled and said, "he asked us if all the kids were brothers and sisters. I told him yes." And he smiled. I laughed. People always ask them that. I admit, we don't all look like we're from the same gene pool, but I find it interesting that people ask.

I guess I should hit the laundry room, shorties are finally asleep and God knows I need to attack laundry mountain. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment