Monday, August 22, 2011

Well, They're Off To School, The Shorties Are Lost Without Them...

Here are my oldest kids, ready for the new school year....


Billy drove the boys to middle school, I broke down and said yes to riding the bus home. I plan on being a wreck until they walk in the front door at 3:54 pm (according to the bus schedule. :) Anyway, they appeared to be quite excited, maybe a little anxious. I miss the little boys I seem to no longer have. I am proud of the young men that are standing in front of me... (figuratively, they're at school, remember?)  Once the boys took off with Billy, the shorties and I walked Olivia to school around the corner. My 5th grader already. Now she was excited to get back, she really loves school...

That leaves me with these two.


They are so out of sorts. Awful at the grocery store, worse once we got home. Emi kept asking me where Olivia had gone, Simon was just a pill... Apparently, me on my own, kinda crappy entertainment. Throw in a few older brothers and a sister, happiness everywhere. Thankyouverymuch.... Hopefully when nap is over some pleasant times will return, they did wake up earlier this morning and it can't get worse....

I got ice cream for everyone for 1st day of school snack. I can't help it, I want them to enjoy every part of school, including the mom interrogation when they get home. I miss them... I miss them separately, together, they tend to argue. :)

In 2 days I turn 40. I plan on wearing black and eating a lot of bad food. Billy wants to take the shorties and I to lunch. Don't know if I can crawl out of bed for that... I think he should take the day off and watch them, I mean, isn't it my birthday??? Ahhh, well, only to a certain point.... Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment